Terms & Conditions
ECOMMERCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions govern any orders made by you from this Site.
This Site enables you to purchase products either on Subscription or as a One-Time order for home delivery.
Subscription ordering – our service which automatically delivers products to your door at specified intervals to suit your needs, provides ultimate convenience. With our flexible Subscription service, you are in control and can manage all aspects of your supply from your account on your own device. You are able to skip your next shipment, pause your Subscription at any time, buy an additional shipment if you are running low, change your shipping address, change your payment details, unsubscribe at any time and reinstate whenever you want – all at the click of a button. If you choose to subscribe for contact lenses, you will receive contact lenses every 30 days, 60 days or 90 days for daily disposable lens wearers and every three months or six months for two weekly, monthly or a combination of daily and two weekly or monthly disposable lens wearers.
One-Time Ordering – our service which enables you to place an order whenever you wish and get products delivered to your door. Unlike Subscription, you do need to remember to re-order products when you need them but we are here to help with products that you need on a regular basis such as contact lenses. Our clever reminder service will remind you when you are running low and through your account you can quickly make a repeat purchase.
General Terms and Conditions. The following terms govern your use of the Services offered through this eCommerce site (the Services). These Terms and Conditions act as a binding legal agreement between you and us and by enrolling on Subscription, placing a One-Time Order or otherwise participating in the Services in any way, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions, understand them, and agree to be bound by them. You further understand that you are authorizing an automatic, recurring charge to your chosen method of payment throughout the Subscription cycle or a single charge to your chosen method of payment each time a One-Time Order is placed.
- Updates to Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to update or change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting them on this Site. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Terms and Conditions incorporating such changes or on which we otherwise notified you of such changes. All changes to these Terms and Conditions take effect on the new effective date as notified. Your continued use of the Services after we post new Terms and Conditions indicates your agreement to any changes. If you do not agree to modifications of these Terms and Conditions, your exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use of the Services. Any new features, tools, products and services that change, augment, enhance or upgrade the Services will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Patients. Only Patients who have a current prescription and an email address, and who are requesting shipping to addresses in the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, PO Boxes or to Military APO/FPO addresses), may place Subscription or One-Time Orders. TBC
- Charges. Subscription is a recurring delivery service where products are automatically delivered direct to your door at specified intervals. In the case of subscription for contact lenses deliveries are every 30 days, 60 days or 90 days for daily disposable lenses and every three months or six months for two weekly, monthly or for a combination of daily and two weekly or monthly lenses. By enrolling on Subscription, you agree to be charged at the specified interval at the specified price for your chosen products, including any specified sales tax and any specified shipping as notified. We will charge your chosen payment method stored in your online account on a recurring basis. By placing a One-Time Order you agree to be charged the specified price for your chosen products, including any specified sales tax and any specified shipping as notified. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD AND PROVIDE THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES.
- Online Management. All users of the Site must have an account to place and manage orders. When an in-practice user creates an account on your behalf, it will trigger an email to the email address you have provided to the practice user. The email will invite you to choose a password and create your personal account. Through your personal account you will be able to manage your Subscription orders or One-Time Orders. Any changes to your Subscription orders must be made before the next order has started processing to ensure that those changes are reflected in your next delivery. If your next order is already processing when you make any changes to your account, the system will provide appropriate messages to inform you of the status of your next shipment and what to expect for your next delivery. If you Changes that can be made both by you and you us, and include:
If you Subscribe or place a One-Time Order you are able to:
- Update your shipping address
- Update your payment details
- Update your personal details
- Update your prescription details
In addition, if you Subscribe you are able to:
- Place an additional shipment equal to one Subscription supply
- Skip your next shipment
- Pause your Subscription temporarily
- Un-pause your Subscription
- Un-subscribe (cancel) your Subscription
- Re-instate your Subscription
In addition, if you buy a One-Time Order you are able to:
- Place a repeat order equal to the same quantity as the initial One-Time Order
- Convert your One-Time Order into a Subscription for the same prescription
- Pausing or Unsubscribing (Cancelling) a Subscription Order. There is no minimum term for a Subscription and you can pause or unsubscribe (cancel) your Subscription at any point either by logging into your account on this Site or by visiting us.
- Valid Contact Lens Prescription Requirements. You can continue to receive contact lenses on Subscription or place a One-Time Order as long as you have a current contact lens prescription. Each state has rules regarding the length of time for which an eye examination is valid. In most states, an eye examination is valid for 12 months from the date it is prescribed, but in some states, the prescription is valid for 18 or 24 months from the prescription date. The expiration date for your contact lens prescription can be viewed in your account on this Site. We will email you to let you know when your contact lens prescription will reach its expiration date. We cannot continue to ship contact lenses to you if your prescription is not current.
- Change in Contact Lens Prescription. If as a result of your recent contact lens check with us your contact lens prescription has changed, we will update it in the practice for you so that your Subscription reflects the updated contact lens prescription. You can also update your contact lens prescription details on this Site, but these changes will require to be verified by us. As long as your next supply of lenses is not already in process when we/you update your contact lens prescription, the next shipment will contain lenses reflecting the new contact lens prescription. If the price of the contact lenses in the updated prescription is different to the price of the previous prescription, then we will change the regular payment accordingly. You will see any payment adjustment the next time a payment is taken following the prescription change. If your order has already been processed when the prescription is updated, the original prescription will be shipped in the next delivery.
- Managing Your Account in our practice. If you prefer not to manage your account on this Site, then you can either call or visit us and we will manage your account for you. If we need to notify you about your account, we will do so via email using the current email address you have provided to us. It is important that you keep your information current with an accurate email address. You can amend your email address by signing in to your account.
- Payment. The charge for each Subscription Order and One-Time Order shipment will be billed via the payment method saved in your account. You will be charged the amount of your product, any sales tax, and any shipping charge spread over each Subscription cycle or each time a One-Time Order is placed. Your card will be charged before your order is shipped. All prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. If the price for your order changes, you will be notified before your order is processed and payment taken. Payment for Subscription or One-Time Orders is made by card in-practice payment device, QR Code or by signing into your account. You can also update your card details by signing in to your account.
- Rejected Payments. If the card provider rejects our request for payment or we are unable to complete your order with the payment method saved to your account for any other reason, we will contact you via email and invite you to sign into your account and update your payment details. If you have a Subscription, your Subscription will be paused until a valid payment method is provided and the full balance of the shipment is paid. If payment is not made in full before the shipment is due, we will delay your shipment until it is paid in full. If the payment is for a prescription product and your prescription reaches expiration before you have paid for your shipment in full, then your Subscription will be unsubscribed. If your Subscription is unsubscribed because your prescription has expired, once your prescription is updated, valid payment details are inputted into your account and you have requested us to re-activate your Subscription, the Subscription will re-start. If your payment has suffered fraudulent activity, then we will unsubscribe your Subscription upon being informed by the payment provider. Your Subscription will remain active until it is unsubscribed by you or due to the circumstances outlined above.
- Shipping. Any shipping charge can be found by logging into your account. We will inform you by email when your order is dispatched. Delivery is usually (but not guaranteed) within five business days from standard shipping. The tracking number for your shipment can be found on the invoice in your account. If you do not receive your order as expected, call us and we will assist with your shipment.
- Contact Lenses on backorder. Occasionally some contact lens specifications are out of stock and on backorder. If this is the case, then the status of your order will show as ‘on back order’ in your account. If we do not have sufficient stock to fulfil your order, we will delay shipping your order until the full order is back in stock.
- Returns. If you wish to return any orders, please take the products to whichever of our practice outlets you usually attend. All agreed refunds will be credited back to your card. We will manage this transaction for you in practice. Refunds may take up to 10 days to show on your card.
- Termination and Interruptions. We reserve the right to amend, cancel or temporarily suspend the Services, in whole or in part, or change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time for any or no reason. If this occurs, you will only be charged for orders that are in process or have been shipped to you. We will not be liable for any interruptions to the Services and all direct and consequential losses are expressly excluded. We aim to have your goods ordered, shipped, and delivered in accordance with our shipping and delivery timelines, but we do not guarantee that orders will be processed and delivered on or by any date.
- Liability. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the liability of any party for death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations or for any liability for any breach of any obligations that cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law. Subject to this, in no event shall our aggregate liability in connection with the Services (howsoever caused) exceed the total charges paid by you to us for Subscription or One-Time Orders in the preceding 12 months prior to the event giving rise to a claim.
- Contact. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact whichever of our practice outlets you usually attend.
These Terms were last updated on February 23, 2022.